“The Reality of Child Abductions The circumstances surrounding child abduction are often quite different from the way they’re shown in TV shows and movies.
Here are some of the realities of child abduction:
- Most kids who are reported missing have run away or there has been a misunderstanding with their parents about where they were supposed to be.
- Of the kids and teens who are truly abducted, most are taken by a family member or an acquaintance; 25% of kids are taken by strangers.
- Almost all kids kidnapped by strangers are taken by men, and about two thirds of stranger abductions involve female children.
- Most abducted kids are in their teens.
- Kids are rarely abducted from school grounds.”
- © 1995-2013 The Nemours Foundation. All rights reserved. Retrieved From: